Microsoft today announced availability of new azure cloud services named as Azure App Service. Azure App Service. Azure App Service is a replacement of old Azure Websites / Azure Mobile Services, earlier these services were delivered separately and Microsoft has integrated all these capability in to single service and made it easy to configure.
Azure App Service enables you to easily create Web + Mobile + Logic + API Apps easily . Azure App Service is an integrated service that enables you to create web and mobile apps for any platform or device, easily integrate with SaaS solutions.
Capabilities of Azure App Service includes:
- Support for .NET, Node.js, Java, PHP, and Python code
- Built-in AutoScale support (automatically scale up/down based on real-world load)
- Traffic Manager support (geographically scale your apps around the world)
- Integrated Visual Studio publishing as well as FTP publishing
- Continuous Integration/Deployment support with Visual Studio Online, GitHub, and BitBucket
- Virtual networking support and hybrid connections to on-premises networks and databases
- Staged deployment and test in production support
- WebJob support for long running background tasks
- Built-In API connectors for Logic Apps.
What are you waiting for, sign-into the Azure Preview Portal and Get Started.
- https://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/announcing-the-new-azure-app-service – ScottGu’s Blog
- https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/services/app-service/ **UPDATED** new link